The Department conducts courses in Calculus and Linear Algebra, Advanced Calculus and Numerical methods, Fourier series ,Transforms & Numerical Techniques,andApplied Calculus & Probability distribution for I and II year BE students. In order to assist the diploma students who enroll through lateral entry from the third semester, additional subjects namely Mathematics I and Mathematics II will be taught to strengthen their mathematics foundation. Department remedial classes and extra mentoring in order to enhance their performances in Academics. In addition to this, the department conducts AAT’s in Google Forms as well as provide Tutorial books to help achieve excellent performance in the Semester End Examinations.
The Mathematics department aspires to be recognized for its excellence, also to be a valuable and expert resource to the college. The department strives to convince all students that mathematics plays a meaningful role in their lives and to improve their overall attitudes towards mathematics.
The mission of the department is to pursue teaching, research and service in the area of mathematics. We provide the setting for any student to become acquainted with the elementary tools of mathematics. The department is committed to high quality instruction for all students in mathematics courses, and it nurtures pleasant and constructive faculty-student interaction by motivating them to learn and excel, generate interest in the subject. Students at the master’s level acquire a solid understanding of mathematics and the ability to apply it effectively.
Dr M V Sarvesha
Head of the Department
In this era of emerging technologies and advanced sciences, developed nations are focusing on applied research by using knowledge linkages between Scientist, Engineers and Researchers. Mathematics and Statistics form the backbone for knowledge development for Scientist and Engineers. Our focus is to produce Engineers equipped with modern mathematical tools with strong understanding towards real world and Engineering problems.
I strongly believe that nobody becomes prominent Engineer without significant knowledge of Mathematics. As an important human endeavour, Mathematics has come to be recognized as the language of Science. Mathematics is one of the oldest academic subject and is one of the most mature and well developed discipline of Basic Sciences. Mathematics, the study of quantity, structure, space and change is used as an essential tool in Engineering. The subject seeks to establish truth by ardeous deduction being the core foundation of the field of Engineering, aids to build analytical, reasoning and logical skills of the future Engineers.
The department of Mathematics provides services to all branches of Engineering. The aim of the department is to pursue excellence in Mathematics through teaching. We are achieving objectives with the help of significantly experienced faculties.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’s)
- PO-1: Engineering Knowledge – Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and a engineering specialization to the solution of complex problems.
- PO-2: Problem Analysis – Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, and engineering sciences.
- PO-3: Design/Development of Solutions – Design solutions for complex Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO-4: Conduct Investigations of Complex problems – Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO-5: Modern Tool Usage – Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern Engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO-6: The Engineer and Society – Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO-7: Environment and Sustainability – Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development. .
- PO-8: Ethics – Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PO-9: Individual and Team work – Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO-10: Communication – Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO-11: Project management and finance – Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO-12: Life Long Learning – Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- To provide excellent academic environment for the students to acquire knowledge.
- To train all students to face effectively the written tests conducted by companies.
- To inculcate self-pride amongst students community to invoke their hibernated new ideas, intelligence and confidence.
Prof. Sharada T
Sr Asst. Prof. & HOD,
Dr. Deepa H R
Prof & Head, Dept of Physics,
Dr. M V Sarvesha
Prof. & HOD,
Dr. Manjunatha K
Prof. & HOD,
General manager-analytical division.
Professor, Dept of Mathematics, MSRIT.
Prof. Ramesh Gowda
Sr Asst. Prof.
Prof. Mamatha M
Sr Asst. Prof.
Prof. Archana B S
Dr. Yogeesha HC
COE, Professor in Dept of Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Venkatesh Kumar
Professor, Dept of ECE
HOD, SS&FL, NCET