Internal Quality Assurance Cell
NCET-Internal Quality Assurance Cell (NCET-IQAC)
An internal mechanism for sustenance, assurance and enhancement of the quality culture of education is imparted by NCET. NCET have established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. NCET, enlisted/recognized under section 2(f) and eligible to receive central assistance under Section 12B of the UGC Act, 1956 and fit to receive General Development Assistance.
Internal Quality Assurance Cells (IQACs)
Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial, Internal Quality Assurance Cell, in fact, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. NCET have an internal quality assurance system, with appropriate structure and processes, and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders. The NCET- IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the colleges.
The IQAC channelize and systematize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence. The NCET IQAC became a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
The IQAC Structure: In NCET the IQAC constituted under the chairmanship of Principal, Prof. Dr.Jitendranath Mungara. He is assisted by a Dean- Quality Assurance Prof. Dr. S.Mohan Kumar, who is a senior professor of NCET.
Composition of the NCET- IQAC:
The IQAC have the following composition:
- Principal - Chairperson
- Five senior teachers and one senior administrative official - Member
- Two external experts on Quality Management/ Industry/Local Community - Member
- Dean-Quality Assurance – Member Secretary
The members at b) and c) of the above was nominated by the Principal of the NCET in consultation with the academic body of the College (Academic Committee of a College). The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in a retrievable format.
Goals of the NCET – IQAC:
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the NCET
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
Goals of the NCET – IQAC:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the NCET;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality- related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes /activities of the College, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the NCET for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the NCET based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of NCET based on the AQAR;
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.
Follow up activities:
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of the College for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The College shall regularly submit their AQARs to the affiliating University, state level quality assurance bodies, NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
- College shall submit AQARs and / or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities as well as for hosting the AQAR.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
Benefits of the NCET-IQAC:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication
Dr. Jitendranath Mungara
Dr. Gopala Krishna S G
Dr. Yogeesha H C
COE & Prof. in Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Nagesh K N
HOD – Elec. & Communication Engg.
Dr. Gururaj M
HOD – Computer Science & Engg.
Dr. Mamatha G
HOD – Information Science & Engg.
Dr. N Kapilan
HOD – Mechanical Engg.
Dr. Nagendra V
HOD – Civil Engg.
Mr. Bhargava R
Asst. Prof. – Computer Science & Engg.
Dr. A R Manjunath
Director – Sri Sathya Sai Centre for Human Excellence, Sathya Sai Grama, Muddenahalli
Mr. Mahesh C S
CEO – Spaneos Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
Mr. Karthik E C
1NC14CS043 – VII Sem, Dept. of CSE
Prof. Dr. S. Mohan Kumar
Dean - Quality Assurance
Member Coordinator/ Convener