Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology, an Autonomous Institution under Visvesvaraya Technological University Belagavi. NBS is managed by the secretary, the directors and dedicated faculties of Nagarjuna Education Society, a well-known fraternity for their outstanding contribution to higher education. NBS stands for its excellence with Management Education which is the hallmark of Nagarjuna Group of Institutions. NBS strives to inculcate in the students the values of excellence, justice, honesty and service to the society.
NBS primarily offers a two-year Full-time MBA course, approved by AICTE, and accredited by NAAC. It also offers Ph.D. (affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi). Apart from that NBS offers various customized programmes as an add-on course to the regular course curriculum with a focus on skill development (Value added Program). NSB NBS concentrates on the holistic formation of students in all aspects viz., intellectual, social, emotional and with society consciousness. The Institution works with an undeterred zeal to offer its students the best in class education, blending classroom and experiential learning with industries as hybrid MBA from I Semester itself.
MBA in today’s scenario is considered as a basic qualification for management positions be it in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Business Analytics.
The department aims at providing a practical approach to management education, which also nurtures the students’ overall personality, blending human values and professionalism.
- To make management education meaningful and practical by academic integrity and accountability.
- Developing respect and tolerance for the views of every individual.
- Giving attention to issues of national and global relevance.
- Creating an unfettered spirit of exploration, rationality and enterprise.
DEPARTMENT OF MBA
Professor & Head
Department of MBA
It gives me immense pleasure to lead the Department of MBA at Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology. Industry 4.0 is driving and reshaping our future and how humans can think about the future jobs and its requirements. It has created a highly transformative impact on digital, data driven and interconnected industry and is guiding principal for innovation and advancement. With the gradual shift towards Industry 5.0 the focus is now being on with human centricity, sustainability and resilience. It is very imperative for the students to learn and develop the skills of future jobs and its environment and at Nagarjuna, our primary focus of the department is to nurture and empower students with multi-dimensional skill-set that create strong ethical and socially responsible leaders for tomorrow. I am very happy to state that Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology has a strong vision towards education 4.0 and beyond. The students of MBA have been active participants in the outcome based learning process. The learning environment at Nagarjuna Group of Institutions makes the students to learn from their faculty, peers, alumni, industry and has fostered thought provoking discussions, enhanced communication, better teamwork and strong network between industry and academia, thereby creating the potential entrepreneurs and business leaders for the future. I wish all my dear students a happy learning at Nagarjuna Group of Institutions.
Program Educational Objective (PEOs)
Post completion of MBA program from Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology, Bengaluru, our students should be:
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 : Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- PO2 : Foster analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making.
- PO3 : Develop value-based leadership.
- PO4 : Understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal and ethical aspects of business.
- PO5 : Lead and attain organizational goals by contributing and building a team.
- PO6 : Engage in research work with cognitive flexibility
- PO 7 : Demonstrate decision-making, problem-solving capability, and adaptability to the changing global environment
- PO 8 : Identify business opportunities, be creative and innovative to launch new business ventures or to be an intrapreneur.
Program Specific Objectives (PSOs)
- PSO 1 : To adapt to the rapid changes in the ever-changing business world and the technology through continuous learning keeping the global and societal issues in mind.
- PSO 2 : To function effectively as an individual by applying their skill set to create, transfer and apply knowledge for the betterment of the organization and society at large.
PEOs and PO Mapping
|PEOs/ POs||PO 1||PO 2||PO 3||PO 4||PO 5||PO 6||PO 7||PO 8|
Extent of relation of CO’s to PO’s
- Level 1: Lower Level
- Level 2: Medium level
- Level 3: High Level
BOS Members 2022-2023
|Sl. No.||Category||Name||Affiliation||Designation in the Board|
|1.||Chairman||Dr. Geethanjali G||Professor & Head, MBA, NCET||Chairman|
|2.||Faculty Members||Prof. Poornima U.K||Associate Professor, MBA, NCET, Bengaluru||Member|
|Prof. Rajeshwari G.V.||Assistant Professor, MBA, NCET, Bengaluru||Member|
|Prof. Sriram S.||Assistant Professor, MBA, NCET, Bengaluru||Member|
|Dr. Lokesh G R||Assistant Professor, MBA, NCET, Bengaluru||Member|
|3.||Expert nominee by Vice-Chancellor, VTU & Subject expert nominated by Academic Council||Dr. Y M Satheesha||Professor, Department of MBA, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||Member|
|4.||Expert from Industry nominated by Academic Council||Mr.Ramani Venkat||Founder & CEO -Bizz Diagnostics||Member|
|Mr.Ganesh Mahadevan||Head of New Age IT, Bosch Engineering & Business Solutions||Member|
|5.||Special Invitee s||Dr. S. G. Gopala Krishna||Director, NGI||Member|
|Dr.B V Ravi Shankar||Principal, NCET, Bengaluru.||Member|
|Dr. Yogeesha H.C.||Associate Director-IQAC, NCET||Member|
|Dr.M.V.Sarvesha||Controller of Examinations, NCET||Member|