What is Autonomous?
Overview of Autonomous Structure
Nagarjuna College of Engineering & Technology (NCET) is an autonomous institution under
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) Belagavi. Autonomy is granted by UGC to selected
institutions of high standards with financial stability to develop practical-oriented
curriculum, evaluation practices, and grading systems based on the current industry needs.
Benefits of Autonomous Status:
- Employment-centric Syllabus – Course content, modules, and syllabi are comprehensively
customized based on the industry needs & requirements.
- Latest Technologies - Students are taught the latest and relevant technologies to
make them highly competent.
- Highly Experienced
Academicians & industry leaders are consulted in
framing the content &
- MOUs & Collaborations - Institution is granted the flexibility to have plenty of MoUs
with reputed companies and universities, which enables students to acquire the
latest technical knowledge by pursuing industry-specific courses by subjects
- Choice-Based Credit System CBCS is a universally recognized grading system in which
students’ performance is evaluated more consistently through grades and Grade
Point Averages (GPA) - this provides an integrated & holistic metric to measure
students’ potential & talent.
- Choice-based Inter-disciplinary Electives
- Students can choose the most relevant subjects/courses
from professional electives or open electives from different
- Additional Certifications - Students will get ample time to pursue specialized
certifications from IITs, IISc, companies like Microsoft, Sun Microsystems,
National Instruments, and Autodesk through MOOCs - equal credits would be
awarded for the same.
- More Lab Experience - Students get practical experience as they work in multiple
labs per semester and hands-on projects which help enhance their
- Flexible Exams -
Equal weightage is accorded to both internal and final exams. Both the
and the final exams are conducted by the college. Immediately after the
results are declared, a provision for Make-up Exams is made
available to eligible students.
- Summer Term Semester & Examination -
This is a privilege accorded to slow-learners who
unable to clear examinations in one or more subjects to help them save an
academic year. .
- Internships -
Students get multiple opportunities to intern at MNC, R&D laboratories,
- Final Degree - A
student who graduates from NCET is conferred with a degree from Visvesvaraya
Technological University (VTU), Belagavi, Karnataka.